Counselling can help you to make positive, lasting changes…
It can help you to:
- Understand yourself better make sense of the thoughts, feeling and behaviours which may cause you distress
- Become more able to feel, express and manage your emotions
- Become more confident
- Expressing yourself more appropriately and effectively
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve your relationships with others, including partners, parents, children, friends and work colleagues
Women seek counselling for all sorts of reasons. Typically, women access our services because they:
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Have low self-esteem
- Find it hard to express or manage their emotions
- Have eating-related problems
- Experienced neglect and abuse in childhood
- Misuse drugs and/or alcohol
- Struggle to maintain healthy relationships
- Are bereaved
- Have experienced a traumatic event
- They have been a victim of violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault and rape
Counselling is a weekly commitment and each session lasts for 50 minutes
All of our counsellors are qualified or are in training. They receive regular clinical supervision, receive ongoing training and continuing professional development and work to the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
All of our counsellors undergo a careful selection process and everyone undergoes a check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We can offer daytime and evening appointments.
To make an appointment please call our centre on 03333 444 304 during our core office hours – Monday to Thursday between 9am and 4pm. Alternatively you can send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The initial assessment session is an opportunity for you to talk about what has brought you to counselling, discuss what is involved and to ask any questions you may have about the process. After your assessment you will then be allocated a counsellor to work with you.
Fees are charged at £25 per session
Some concessionary places are offered at £15 per session. This service is in high demand so there may be a waiting list.
Our fees are payable weekly in advance and we accept payment by cash or debit card.
Counselling for Young Women
Here at Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre we recognise the particular pressures faced by young women and are pleased to be able to offer counselling to support young women aged 13 and over. We can offer appointments after school or college. If you would like to speak to someone in confidence then please give us a call on 03333 444 304 or text us on 07468 860896